Monday, March 31, 2008

OUCH!!

Well, Saturday and our race being a week away, I decided to see what the old body has in her. I set out to do a four hour walk. It was really nice when I started, but this is Missouri, so as the day wore on, the wind picked up and even though they said it was 50 degrees, I don't buy it. I walked Tucker around the park three times, and then went home to get Max. I got a drink, a snack and then headed out with dog # 2. We went around twice and I was feeling pretty tired, my tiny toe hurt, and it was just cold.
Well I got home, and Dawn showed up, go on you can do one more. So I got a snack, she gave me a patch for my toe(which didn't help), and I got a drink, go on she says, you can do just two more, think how good you'll feel doing just three more.
Well I did head out, and I made it around once, by then everything was hurting, so I did pack it in and headed home. I was out about a total of 4 and 1/2 hours, and walked 10.08 miles. Not too bad for an old woman.
Today I took both dogs for a short one, about a mile. There was a break in the rain, and I took advantage of it, but I was not moving very fast.
Tomorrow is another day, I plan for three laps, and probably no dogs.

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

Atta girl, Donna! 10 miles is certainly nothing to sneeze at (old woman or not!). That's a really great distance to have under your belt for Sunday's event. You're ready - you'll do it!