Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Blog

I started to write a post today about my darling 14 year old grand daughter and her huge accomplishment on August 13. I have a lot actually to post about, but my creative juices seem to be occupied in a different direction at the moment.

I did however, get a surprise when I logged into this blog and found that Blogger has changed it's format. I guess we are making it easier to be illiterate these days.

Where it used to say NEW POST, now it has a pencil symbol. I don't know, all these pictures and symbols instead of words just makes me a little uneasy. I understand they are no longer teaching cursive or penmanship in schools.

I think it's too bad that today's children don't have an opportunity to enjoy the art of writing, it's relaxing and for some quite beautiful.

As Edward Bulwer- Lytton declared " The pen is mightier than the sword" maybe it's mightier than the computer. LOL

I'm just saying.




3 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Uhhh...my options are still "new post" and "edit posts" and, well, WORDS! Hmmmmmm......

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Cute new header!!!!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I'm patiently waiting....