Monday, February 4, 2008

Walking in Sunny, Hot, Humid Florida!

Hi Everyone.......waited to walk this morning until the work traffic had cleared and that was a mistake! By the time we (Star, Bart and I) got back home, about 10:00, we were pretty wet with sweat. I'm sure that isn't a problem for Donna and Debbie.

Speaking of Debbie.......haven't heard anything from you. Drop us a line and at least say Hi!

Just a note for Dawn......I received a phone call this week from Cindy Serafine and the former Kelly Smith. Kelly was in town to speak to a group of CEOs in the field of transportation and she and Cindy were out to dinner. Kelly was only here a couple of days, but it was good to talk with her. She travels a lot with her job, don't know if she gets through Kansas City. Do you have her email address? I told Cindy she should fly out to St. Louis and cheer you, and we chicks, on during the marathon.

Donna I was sorry to hear about your job at Christopher and Banks. They are one of my favorite stores, especially during their sales. I will have to rethink shopping there now.

Speaking of jobs, I recently made a change with mine. Loyal has been retired for three years now and was tired of all the phone calls and me working when he wanted to go off for a day or two. So I put my license with a referral company and am giving retirement a try. It really is a trade-off. Before I didn't have a lot of spare time, but I did have a little money. Now I have more time but not much money. I guess I will see which one I prefer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you ladies and EXTREMELY IMPRESSED!! Dawn shared her blog with me and I just couldn't resist seeing what Dixie and the Chicks were up to....of course I see 2 of the chicks on a regular basis at good ole PSDBC and am happy to say that they both look as good to me at 38 years old than when I was 12 years old......boy does that now make me feel old.....26 years and counting....GO CHICKS!!!! Your next adventure will have to be getting matching tatoos of "chick feet" after you retire those tired feet from walking your 1/2 marathon for a bit...

GO YOU GOOD LOOKING CHICKS!!!! Much love to you! Cindy Serafine

tri2fnsh said...

Well, I'm proud of you too, Mrs C - keep up the good work...we have EIGHT weeks to go!!!