Monday, April 11, 2011

Flowers in my Garden

 It has been a wild spring here in the mid west. Freezing cold, snow, wild winds, hail, and oppressive 90 degree heat. Not all in one day, mind you, but a couple in the same week. We actually put our window A/C units in on Saturday. It was hot and humid. Yuck. Today it is kind of chilly. go figure.


But the yard, though un mowed and full of weeds is pretty with the wild violets. I thought I would take some pictures before the hubby goes out and mows them all down.




Wild Violets




The jonquils really came and went quickly this year. I guess it was because of the wild variation in the temperatures. These are the ones that are left.



These are the only  tulips up so far, out of the dozens I planted. I don't think they appreciate the dogs running all over them. There are more of them than last year. and these are a different color than the ones from last year. I don't know what happens to the flowers. I guess they do what they want.


2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

You should carefully dig up some of those violets and put them in your flower beds. I love, love, love, those, and I move them when I can. :)

Sharon