Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Birthday to Sharon


Today is the happy occasion of my darling first born's birthday.  I won't say how old she is, that would be a little harsh for both of us.

I don't think you ever really forget all the anticipation and nervousness of that first pregnancy and the birth. I was down right terrified. I had read a few books, but seriously had no idea what to expect. I don't think any of the reading actually helped. I would think it's like bungee jumping. You can watch, read accounts of people who have really done it, but there's nothing at all like experiencing it for yourself.

Then holding that darling little one in your arms all soft and warm and snuggley. Yep it's kind of great.
Being a parent is a lot of responsibility and sacrifice. The reward is when they're grown up and they become your friend. I think that's the reward of a job well done. When they are adults and you actually like them and want to spend time with them.

I love you, Sharon, you are some of our best work. I hope you have a wonderful birthday, and you should make it last all week. You've earned that.

You're a jewel in my crown.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, thanks. That was very sweet. Love you, Sharon

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

So sweet...nice job, Donna! And Sharon, you always were my favorite (does Dawn read this blog?.........just wondering! Anyway, happy birthday ... Love you lots...like one 'o my own!

tri2fnsh said...

cough, cough, gag, choke...ok, I've recovered from that sickness! @Deb - favorite? whatever! I should've taken more than that Santa Claus ring when I was in your Kinder-class!!
@Donna - you like us? :-)