Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I know it was last week, don't think I'm senile. You know, sometimes life happens and special occasions can not be celebrated as the calendar dictates.
Last week every one was busy and 'dad' had to work, so we did it tonight. This evening our daughter Dawn and son Bill and his family came for dinner. We enjoyed a very fun time and after dinner we sat around reminiscing about 'classic' dad and mom events. So, not to be out done, Bill and I recited some of our favorite Bill and Dawn stories which resulted in some Kim and Bailey stories. It was a fun evening. It's good to laugh at yourself and the mistakes we've made along the way to where we are. It makes it easier to enjoy the journey.

Earlier today Bailey and I looked through a couple of scrap books. I showed her the old family album that has Bill and me from our infancy through our military service, wedding and early marriage. It was fun for her to see where her family has come from.

I thank God for who He is, and for how He has brought me through my life. He sent His son to die for me and He saved me and He has promised me a home in heaven for ever. I'm glad for my family and for the family of God into which I've been adopted.

1 comment:

tri2fnsh said...

aww, what a sweet post. That sure was a fun night, but I never did get to tell the most hilarious memory of all!!!!!!!!!