Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm Older

A few weeks ago was my birthday. I am now 62 years old, I love it. This is the one that counts. It's the big one. The actual best one. Know why? It's the one where the government pays me. Yep. They start to pay me back for all the years I worked and they took big chunks of my pay check. I am looking forward to drawing Social Security, going into places and getting the senior's discount, and having more time in my life for the important things. Like quilting, scrap booking and just hanging out with my honey and my friends.

Getting older is not bad, but don't be fooled,,,,,,,,,it's not for the faint of heart. Getting older is a challenge, one you can't avoid, and stay alive, that is.

Today I met an acquaintance in a fast food restaurant. I spoke to the young man, calling him by name, but he was confused as to how I knew him. His co worker said "Oh, I bet she's an old teacher of yours." I said "what's up the OLD?" And he quickly amended his comment to former.

It's stuff like that, that you have to watch out for. I know I'm getting older and slower, but I think in many ways I am better than ever. I know my faults and short comings and I do try to get better at being the kind of person people will want to be with, especially my family.

God help me to be the kind of person that is kind and caring to those around me and help me to remember that every one I meet is put there by You.






No comments: