Monday, April 14, 2008

Meanwhile, back at the Hilton


Dawn had finished her bike ride, 100 miles trying to keep pace with a bunch of guys, not so easy for a woman to do. We met up with her and her friends Lonnie and Kristine. They are old friends of hers from college, and now live in Chicago with their families.
It was fun meeting Kristine and seeing Lonnie again.
Our threesome headed upstairs, changed and went to the pool for a relaxing soak in the jacuzzi, and Dixie went off to the sauna. Well the jacuzzi felt great, but it wasn't so relaxing since there were a dozen or more kids, and I mean little kids running and jumping around. Don't their parents know spas aren't good for little ones? Oh, well.
Back to the room and getting ready for bed, I just about fall asleep and this loud noise wakes me up. It is the alarm clock and it says it's 4:30, but I have my doubts. No use, gotta get ready to roll, IT'S RACE DAY.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: