Saturday, April 12, 2008

Saturday


Yikes, I woke up this morning, actually I haven't slept well this whole time, with a bit of a knot in my stomach. Tomorrow is the big race.
The day was absolutely gorgeous, cool, but very, very pretty. Yesterday while exploring Dixie and I found a Panera Bread about two blocks away, we decided to leave Johnette in bed and go out for breakfast. It was nice to sit in a quiet place for a while, chat and catch up on what has been going on with each other. Dixie has had some health problems, but I really admire her strength to get out and do something new like a Half Marathon.
We took breakfast back to the sickie, and wow, she was up. We decided to head for FOREST PARK, the zoo and other lovely spots. But first we had to visit UNION STATION, I just wanted to explore it, and I thought it would be a good place to add to my collection of FARKEL sets.

We walked the 8 or 9 blocks with a few stops along the way for some people to rest, or take pictures or something. It was really fun looking around at the old building it is just a beautiful place.
We actually walked all around the place, then we got lucky and I found not one but two different St Louis FARKEL games. Yahoooooo.

We decided to find some lunch, and where else would we go, we went to HARD ROCK Cafe. The food was great and we sat on the patio since it was such a pretty day, but it was pretty cool, almost chilly out there.
We started back for the hotel, since we had spent the whole afternoon at the Station, but we stopped of at the FUDGE FACTORY first just in case any one wanted some chocolate later.

Never having made it to the park, we walked back to the hotel on a different street, now we were in a huge crowd, going our way, but they weren't going to a ball game, they were going to the last Hockey game of the season. We walked by the arena, and I actually thought it would be fun to go to a game, but the feeling passed rather quickly.

No comments: