Monday, May 10, 2010

Good morning

Well, I never got around to posting after Sew and Share day at church. I finished the top of my table top quilt. Now I have to decide on how to back it, and get the batting for the middle. I am very pleased with my first actual quilt. It's only 32" x 32", but to me it's quite an accomplishment. I have always wanted to quilt, as evidenced by my collection of quilting books, but I never had someone to teach me how to go about it, now that I have Jan and Barbara, I can make a boat load of quilts, starting now. I have a good idea of what I want to do next, but I need a little help deicphering the pattern. Nothing too crazy just now, let's keep it simple. I want to use up a lot of scrap fabric, so they'll be crazy quilts for now.

We are having quite a storm here today, I love when it rains and the wind blows and the thunder rattles the windows. I don't like it when the sirens go off and you have to head for the basement. We have only done that once in the five years we've lived here. Probably should have gone a few other times, but we lucked out and it missed us.

I am waiting to hear about the newest addition to our church family. Our friend Rebekah is having her baby Nataly as I type. I am praying for you both that it is over quickly and everyone is fine, strong and healthy.

I am going to lay out the fabric for my quilt backing today. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Good you learned to quilt...will give something to do in the old folks home. I'm thinking about learning to be a ventriloqist. Maybe we could take the show on the road and call it "Quilting for Dummies."