Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It's Tuesday

For quite sometime my first born has been calling on Tuesday morning and announcing, "It's Tuesday". She doesn't do it quite so much any more, since I would answer rudely BY saying, "WHAT?", quite loudly. I think she was put off by it. I just meant it to be an endearing thing I said in a sort of Kathryn Hepburn sort of way. I don't think she thinks it so endearing.

My first born SS is the wife of a pastor and lives in a tiny town in Pennsylvania. They have two sons, whom I usually describe as little boys. However, as I was telling someone that last week I realized that two boys aged 14, almost 15, and 12 are no longer little boys. They are quite big boys, both in size and spirit.
SS home schools her sons every day. She tends to another young man on Tuesdays so his homeschooling mom can go to her part time job.

I think a very deep regret of both mine and my husband's is that we don't get to be with these two very much. They are kept quite busy by their church activities and we are not as able to travel as we once were.
But I do love the Tuesdays, the IM and the phone calls on non Tuesdays.

It's hard to maintain long distance relationships, it requires effort, and when one doesn't put forth the effort, the relationship suffers, wilts, withers, and fades away. I would not want that to happen. I cherish all of my children as well as any time I have with them.

I realize that most of the time, the problem is with me, but then I am the mom, and it's always your mother's fault. It's ok to blame us, we did it to our moms, and besides, we're strong and we can take it.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, it's TUESDAY! It wasn't really my favorite day of the week, so phone calls made it so much nicer. :)

Love you Sharon

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I know I am TERRIBLE at long distance relationships. The internet has helped, but even so it takes a huge amount of effort for me in spite of any resolve I have to keep up the little things. Hmmmm....

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Now it's Thursday!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Now its Friday!
Xxoo

tri2fnsh said...

do you really cherish your children's calls? even during your favorite shows??? huh???? :-)

Sandi said...

thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! what a delightful surprise to find that this morning! i have re-started blogging and so far haven't had much response...so i am always delighted to make a new blog friend! how did you find me? i am always amazed how we "stumble" upon the coolest people with the coolest blogs!!! have a wonderful weekend and Lord's day tomorrow!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Where are you????