Monday, October 4, 2010

Shop Hop Day 2

Well, we headed out on Thursday morning to go south of Kansas City and finish the shop hop. Belton, Higgingsville, Kingsville, Pleasantville, and Warrensburg. We actually put in about 300 miles in two days. I mean that's a lot, when you have to stop and shop and eat and shop and drive and talk and talk and talk.

We found a great place near Kingsville that does retreats. This woman is a quilt designer, and writes books.
We found some wonderful quilt shops out there. I loved spending time with my friends and I got a few pieces of fabric, enough to make this quilt.

Not soon, but in the not too distant future, I will get started on this one.

We had Quilt Day on Friday and I finished my little Christmas quilt. I am very pleased with how it turned out. I know it's been a great learning experience. I am excited to start my next project.
 
IN STITCHES

No comments: