Thursday, November 11, 2010

Kiss a Veteran

And I'm proud to be an American,

where at least I know I'm free.

And I won't forget the men who died,

who gave that right to me.

~Lee Greenwood


When I was 18 years old, and fresh out of Lafayette High School, I joined the US Air Force. It seemed at the time the only course available to get a strong and positive direction for my life. Little did I know what God had planned for me and how dramatically my life was about to change.

As it turns out, I don't seem to be able to put my hands on the pictures that I wanted to post today, so I will continue to search and when I find them, you'll get to see what handsome people these veterans used to be.



Did you kiss a veteran today? I did, thank one, then, if you are grateful for our freedoms.

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Hugs and kisses to you both! Looking forward to those pictures!