Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Me and My Gal



I spent a couple of hours with my darling daughter a few days weeks ago. The whole idea was she was going to run and I was going to attempt to walk the dogs..........they're big and when they get the idea to go after a squirrel or another dog it can be a challenge.
She also had the idea to take a picture of herself with or next to a 40 MPH road sign. This was to be sent to a friend's friend for the friend's 40th birthday, which was on 10/10/10. I wonder if her mom planned that?

We set out to English Landing park in Parkville, MO. and the only signs we saw were these.



 So we took a couple of pictures of some speed limit signs, and then we played with the dogs. Tucker, the tan little toodle doodle tried to drive the car when we got out to take the pictures, but he reluctantly got back in the back seat when we got back in the car.


The boys love playing rope, and this time for a moment they shared.


 Dawn was kind of up a tree, since all the speed limit signs out here were 20, or 35 miles an hour, I think we even saw a 45, but not what we were looking for.

 We saw this sign with a phone number for anyone needing to rent an apartment, just happened to end in 40, so we thought it would work. Now it was getting pretty dark so we headed home.
Wouldn't you know we found this right out on the main road near our homes.

All that running around for nothing, didn't even get a walk or a run in, but we found the sign.


Happy Birthday to you Lonnie.


2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I just love that Dawnie-girl! She is my kind of happy person; lucky you that she is yours and lives close.

tri2fnsh said...

well then why did you have to go and get me in trouble when I stole that Santa Claus ring in kindergarten? Hmmmm Deb, Hmmm???
What a lovely post, Mother! I'm the all star of your blog. Woohoo!!!