Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Shennanigans

I began collecting Santas a long time ago, there is a very dear story as to why, but that is for another day.
The big Santa is one that I bought several years ago upon our return to Kansas City. It was in 2002, which had been an especially rough year for us, and when I saw this guy I really wanted to buy him, but he was pretty pricey for me. But as I wandered into the little shop after Christmas that year, I found him on sale, marked down ridiculously low, so home he came. He has been king of the Santas at my house ever since.


 One year however, around December 8 or 9, my treasured Santa Claus disappeared. It was quite a blow, and he was away for months. Ransom notes were received and the Santa nappers were clever, but they never seemed to inspire confidence that Chris would ever be returned. They took him around the world and sent racy and frightening photos, but still refused to return him.

Finally he came securely packaged in a tight fitting box, and now he has regained his rightful place among the other santas and elfin folk.
 Every thing seemed quite normal until a few days ago.


Somehow this Santa has never seemed quite like his old self and this year things have gotten a bit out of control.
I found a little Precious girl yesterday and since then things have been wild around here.



It seems Santa has designs on Preciousness and even locks her into his candy cane prison when he has to be away, checking on the elves and reindeer.



I've heard him talking about a Christmas eve wedding. I don't know what's going on.




2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I'm telling you for sure, if there is a shotgun involved in this wedding stuff, I'm going to seek legal counsel. Remember: I have some incriminating photos of Chris...he's a know carouser!

tri2fnsh said...

you're weird!