Thursday, September 2, 2010

Field Trip


Yesterday was our field trip to visit some quilt shops. The first one was Missouri Star Quilt Co. in Hamilton, MO. It is a little teeny town with the best quilt shop in the whole world. Jenny, the owner greeted us as if we were friends. She was so warm and charming, encouraging us to ask questions, watch demos and take as many pictures of her completed projects as we like. How refreshing.



Jenny and I at the great big quilting machine, this thing costs $$$thousands. I'm not even dreaming of one.




I do love the quilts, I came away with my head spinning at some of the great techniques she showed us. I would drive an hour to spend an hour or two with this quilting diva. She loves her craft and loves to share it.


This is a better shot of the big long arm quilting machine. It is just amazing and operated by computer.

We ran back up the road, had some lunch and then moved on to another quilt / decorating shop. Very fancy and very nice, but not very personable I'm afraid. The ladies there were pleasant, but they did not make me feel as though I wanted to go home and quilt my brains out.

We decided, the five of us that is, that it would be in our best interest to form a quilting club. Many fabric stores in this area offer discounts to those belonging to quilt clubs. So, we made up a club. Yep, it's a made up club, but we decided to name it.


                                            
 Needles and Pins Quilt Club




2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Why am I jealous? I don't even want to quilt. If I move to Missouri, can I just join the club anyway? I'll prepare the lunch and pick up the snippets of thread that you drop.

Sounds like you had a great outing; can't wait to retire!

Climbing to the Higher Calling said...

Good blog of our day. I enjoyed it immensely and added it to my blog also. You can see it at:
http://debi-peacebypiece.blogspot.com/
I didn't hear the final verdict on the name - good to know.
Cool club! LY Debi