Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I'm back

It feels like I'm back from the dead. I have so much to blog about, where to begin.
I went on a women's retreat on Sept 10, 11. This was fun, in spite of the accommodations. Then when I got home, I was sick for a week. As I was in the grips of recovery, we had such a storm. The word from here is there were three micro bursts right on top of us. We (our neighborhood) was without electricity for 45 hours. Can I just tell you, I don't cope well in the 90 degree heat without even a fan to blow on me.
I have photos and stories, I will update soon.
We did not have any damage, but there was plenty all around us. There is still a lot of cleaning up to do, but we are all OK.

2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I've been wondering where you were! Forty five hours is a long time...yuck!! How did you cook? Did you get our your camping equipment or go to a hotel. You know which one I'd opt for!!!

donna said...

Deb, are you kidding? I didn't cook. We went out for subs on Sunday, and a real meal on Monday. We stayed at Dawn's Sunday night, since she was out of town. Her house was on the outer edge of the storm, so she had power.
It was tough, we are not prepared for a disaster. We are going to work on that.