Monday, September 27, 2010

Show Me Safari Shop Hop

Today I went on my first ever Shop Hop. This is where you go from shop to shop and register for prizes and pick up a kit to make a quilt square. When you get all ten squares you can complete a quilt. The shop owners go together to put up some nice prizes and they have a lot of interesting items to see.


My friends Jan, Debi, Barbara and I had such a great time going to Hamilton, and then to Kearney, and Excelsior Springs, and Liberty and finishing the day in Smithville. We have five more shops to hit south of the city, and we will do that on Thursday. I bought the kit for each square today, except the one in Excelsior where I went 'rogue' and bought fabric of my choice to use on that block. Daring, I know, since I barely know what I am doing. But thanks to my great teachers, I think I am learning it.

These are the gals from MO Star Quilt Co in Hamilton, MO. We love this shop and these ladies are so patient to answer all of our questions, even if they have answered them before.


And this is Jenny at the MO Quilt Co. She runs the shop, and she is pointing to the kit they were selling for the quilt. I love how she finished this quilt and how she put all the pieces together. I think I am going to love quilting.

2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

This sounds like such a fun day! Can't wait to see your finished quilt.

Climbing to the Higher Calling said...

We had a wonderful day and I loved hanging out with the three of you! I cannot wait until Thursday! Isn't it awesome that we're close enough to MSQC Shop to visit frequently!
Happy Quilting! Debi