Friday, September 3, 2010

Update:

 I know, words just can't tell how happy I am with my new kitchen. I know it doesn't look finished, it's not. But that said, I am happy just the same. It has been a long time coming and now that it is all new and functioning, I am very please. We still have a lot to do, but much of this can be done while we wait to get the money to complete the cabinets. We chose to install the bases and counter top so we could have the functioning room. I don't mind at all waiting for the uppers, because I know it will look great when it's finally done.



 Love the faucet, it sprays and the nozzle pulls out, very cool.  The composit granite sink it wonderful.




There doesn't seem to be a good place for the trash can?/?




 Pretty counter top, chosen by my husband, I agreed to it, sight unseen. He and Aron did a great job of choosing it. I was a bit shocked at first, we had agreed on black, but I really love it.

We owe a huge debt of gratitude to our friend and pastor Aron. He is a wonderful craftsman, and a great friend. This job could never have been completed without many hours of work from him. Thanks too to his lovely family and wife Bekah. They shared him with us for a lot of hours. Thank you all so much.

We also thank our friend Ron, he did a lot of work too. Ron spent a lot of time in a freezing cold attic and helped us get everything figured out just right. Thank you Ron.

I especially thank my husband who gave a lot of time, and sacrificed many hours of shooting and gun stuff with his friend Larry to make this kitchen possible. He is a rare treasure.
Our son, and his family helped early on and the black appliances came from them. It wasn't my idea, but now I really like the black and white.

Ummmmmm one thing, does this mean I have to start cooking again?





2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Yes, it does mean that. I'll be there for dinner tomorrow around six. I'd like a baked chicken, potatoes, and a green salad with a lot of vinegar in the dressing.

Your colors look great together. A kitchen is the hardest thing to wait for, but you'll be rockin' and rollin' now with counters and a sink! No excuses now! Get crackin'.

Climbing to the Higher Calling said...

Enjoyed the tour of your new re-modeled kitchen. It really looks nice and I love the new laundry room and sewing corner! Thanks for the showing! Love, Debi