Thursday, August 5, 2010

OUCH!!

Okay, well it has been established for a while, sometimes, I am just not smart.
I really hurt myself last night. We help out with the youth department at our church. Last night Pastor Aron was describing a game they played at Sr High camp. The game is called Ninja. As he was telling the kids about it, some one said it sounded like it would be painful. Well, it isn't, but I said, "I would get hurt playing that game." sometimes I'm quite a prophet.  Well it goes like this. Everyone stands in a circle, with your hands in a praying pose, fingertips up. Then the leader says, "strike a pose". And everyone moves to a position of their own choosing, trying to protect their hands. The object is for you to slap any other person's hand, when it's your turn. The person being attacked can move to protect his hand. If your hand is hit, you're out.
Bill and I watched it several times, and it looked like fun, who could get hurt doing this?? Soooooo, I decided to play.  Bill decided he would wait to be needed.
I chose a spot on the other side of the circle from Pastor A, and on his first move, he leaps through the air and lands next to me. (that's kind of why it's called Ninja, 'cuz you can leap like a ninja.)
So then it's my turn, I reach out to touch the boy on the other side of Pastor A, and yeah, I go down like a rock, landing on my already not so great hip. And the thing that concerned me the most was, I had a skirt on.
I tripped over Pastor A's enormous foot. This is the same thing that happened at VBS when I fell over his big foot.
So I really could hardly walk, I took some Tylenol, and then when I went to bed, I took 2 Oxycodone, just to take the edge off, so I could sleep. Oh yeah, I slept, and now I am not really able to hold my head up very well, and I feel a little queasy.

I am not going to play with those kids any more, I'll stick to playing with the little ones in the nursery. They are more my speed.
                                                                   


2 comments:

Sandi said...

oh my goodness! sounds like something i would do!
thanks for the adoption link!! i will look at it and pass it on to Hannah!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Seriously? You really thought you could hang with the kids! LOL I'm sure you were a sight! Say no to drugs, though!