Friday, August 6, 2010

QUILT DAY

I can not even believe how long this last month has been. When would it come, when would it get here, and today, I opened my peepers and it was here. QUILT DAY!! I love that day. I get to see new stuff and learn new techniques.
I wanted to share with you what quilt day looks like. It's actually called Sew and Share. We meet at our church at 9 AM. Everyone usually brings some sort of snack to share and we get to work.  Anyone can bring any type of project to work on, but since I am learning to quilt, I call it quilt day. Our day usually includes going somewhere for lunch, and most times a field trip to a fabric store.

These are our great teachers and coordinators, Barbara and Jan. They are very easy to follow and gracious in giving their time and instruction to a bunch of beginners.





This is Barb, she comes almost every month, she only stays for the morning, but she either crochets or knits something very pretty.  


 Jackie is the lady seated on the left, this was her first time, since I have been attending. She is trying to piece two baby quilts for her new baby grand daughter. This is one of the sets of quilt blocks.



Rebecca is our youth pastor's wife, and she has been working on quilting for a year or two now. She recently completed a 'Thomas the tank' train quilt for their son.

 Now Becca is working on a butterfly quilt for their daughter. It is going to be very nice. 

Today we went to lunch, but we didn't have a field trip. That's usually when we go to Joann's or Hancock fabrics to wish for all the pretty new fabrics.

I started quilting on my little 'skater's ' quilt today. I think it is going much better than I thought it would at first.
I also decided that the second table top 'Santa' quilt I have been working on, is done. I mean, I still have to quilt it, but I am finished sewing or piecing it. It doesn't need to be any bigger.

I have a great idea for a new quilt, this will be bed sized, and a little more complicated, but I am excited to start on it, probably next month.



                                       


1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Looks like fun; I can't wait to get the nice Christmas table runner you're making for me! So nice of you to show me the whole process, and not just coldly box it up one day and forward via UPS. You're such a nice girl!!