Thursday, August 26, 2010

what's new

Well I woke up this morning and was told to get dressed and let's go get some breakfast. That's because I didn't have any breakfasty stuff in the house. I had barely enough milk for my coffee, not even half/ half. Then we went to run a couple of errands. Next stop Loews. Hmmmmmmmmm,


I know this isn't a good picture, but this is what the kitchen looked like this morning. It's make-shift. Two cabinets from someone else's make over, and a sink on 2x 4s. It works, and I'm not complaining.

But we went to Loews today and this is what we brought home.


 We bought an 18" base unit with 4 drawers. A sink base, and a 36" base cabinet, for pots and pans. One more little 12" base for the anchor on the other end of the stove.

We even bought the kitchen sink, and faucet and drain kit. Did you know that a sink does not include a drain when you buy it. That is considered an 'extra'. I never knew that.

Well, we have all the base units, now to get them put in, then measure again for the counter tops, and then the drawer/ door pulls, and cabinet inserts. You know the pull out shelves, so you don't have to stand on your head to get stuff out.
Funny,  when we opened the box the instructions said #1 Install wall units first. :)). We didn't get any wall units, we're doing it backwards, I know, but it seems more functional to us. We'll worry about the wall cabinets another day.


Oh, we have to wait for some help with the plumbing, just a minor detail.


                                                                          


2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Great news! Progress is always slow when you're doing your own renovations, but with each step is like Christmas morning! I love shopping at home improvement stores...or looking and wishing! Your cabinets are going to look great. Soon you'll be so fancy-pants you won't be able to stand yourself! LOL

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Oh, one more thing...I thought the first picture was before your coffee, the rest after! I always look a little cross-eyed until I have my morning coffee!