Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day


To the best man, and greatest dad I have ever known. My husband.  Our wonderful children took their dad (and me) shooting on Saturday for Father's Day. Any one who knows Bill knows that if it has to do with guns, shooting, ammo, what ever, it is his favorite thing. He was very happy when I told him he could not work today because the kids wanted to surprise him. This morning I told him he would need to be ready to roll at 2:30pm. Oh, and you'll need guns and a lot of ammo. He was delighted.

We have a few more pictures to show, I think they are pretty cute. the one above and several below look a little distorted, that's because of the heavy glass separating us from the shooting range.


We're Bad Boys, Bill and son Bill

Bill



Ready, fire

Dawn, shooting with Dad

I'm the mama

Who says shooting isn't fashionable? Check out the head gear and they eye ware. We're gorgeous.

You should never let McPhersons get bored.

   We really did have a lot of fun, and then we went out to eat some dinner, and that was really great too.

I have always admired my husband as a good dad. I know it's something that he got from his dad.
He was someone whom I loved and respected very much, also. Samuel McPherson is not with us this Father's day. That is sad. He was a wonderful man, and still very greatly missed. I loved my father in law. Probably because I never knew my own father. My mother and he didn't marry, and when I was about nine years old my mother married the worse excuse for a man I can imagine. Let's just say,,, he wasn't very nice. Nope not at all.
I lost my grandfather when I was only about five years old so my memories of him are sketchy at best, but  I loved him, and I know he loved me. My mother, and my grandmother told me often how much my grampa loved me. It has given me a lot of comfort over the years. Really all we really need is to know that we are loved.                                                                                  

So to all of you great dads out there, God bless you this day for being the strong leaders. For being role models, and disciplinarians, champions, and cheerleaders. For loving your kids and their mom. For teaching them to walk, swim, ride a bike, fly a kite, mow the lawn and tow the mark. Keep up the good work. We need great dads. Where would our world be without you.?


2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Hey nice header! On my mobile it looks like we need to tweak a little; at work and can't look at it on the computer here. Also I commented on this post Sunday evening and I saw my response; are you editinge?! Anyway sounds like you had a good day. Love the pics and that Dawnie girl just gets cuter and cuter! Tell The Bills I thought their pics were cute too...don't want to leave the boys out!

donna said...

I don't even know how to edit?? what are you talking about. Maybe you didn't complete the comment riga ma role. It's all so complicated.