Saturday, June 5, 2010

Laundry room

This project was started on Dec 30, 2009............ it seems it was a long time ago.
So as I have said, we are remodeling and the place that is currently getting the most attention is the laundry room.
 
This is the before picture. Our son, Bill, is installing the floor and our granddaughter, Bailey, and I are being the cheerleaders.


And here it is all framed in.  It will be nice and sunny with that nice big window.

So now we have begun the process of finishing and moving into the laundry space. We bought some do it your self shelving today, and a ceiling fan. But, this is how it looks now.

This is the pocket door on the kitchen side of the door. It isn't trimmed out yet.


This is the same door as in the beginning, it goes out into what is left of the garage. This will be Bill's workshop.



Oh and this is the beautiful floor that was installed, peel and stick, then grout. This will be in the kitchen / dining room also.



And this is from the corner by the window. You can see the washer and the door into the kitchen / dining area. Well there is not currently a kitchen and no dining is being done, but we look to the future.


Guess what I am so excited, that I figured out how to take digital pictures, I found out that I can up load them to my computer by plugging the thingy into the thumb drive port. This has been a big day for me technology wise. I am learning new stuff and putting it into practice.

We are happy with our new room and as rooms go, I think this was a very good use of time and resources. I am so thankful for a resourceful husband, and a clever son. I am especially thankful that God has given us very kind, and handy friends. Our friend RF and AS have been a huge help, doing most of the work and being paid with a few lunches. Thank you men, you have made my life so much happier, and easier.

2 comments:

tri2fnsh said...

check out your faannnncy new blog - very nice! Aren't you just a computer whiz now?! :-)

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I want to make a part of my garage into a laundry room. More pictures, please!