Tuesday, June 15, 2010

More Laundry

                           Max and Tucker waiting for Dawn to come home from work and take her little teeny baby home.



Good morning, it's Tuesday. I sometime just find it hard to find things to write. Or I just have so much, but it isn't appropriate for this forum.
Well, I think we can call the Laundry Room, DA DONE!!! I included more pictures for that certain someone who constantly inspires me to learn more things.

This is Tucker barking at and he actually tried to bite the box with the ceiling fan. The tall box is the shelf kit. It seriously had everything we needed for shelving this room. There was even stuff left over.


 As you can see the door has been trimmed, and the switch plate covers have been installed.
I did most of the switch plates myself, they're not hard. Anything that involved sawing, cutting or making straight, well that's Bill.

The shelves are up, the pretty sewing boxes placed. The table is sitting where the counter top and my sewing machine will be.
We bought the blinds at the RE Sale shop. This is run by Habitat for Humanity. They have tons of stuff for remodeling and building homes. Everything from nails to doors, and paint.
They had brand new in the box Kitchen aid microwave ovens for $200. Yesterday they had new Whirlpool dryers for $250.00. It's crazy what you find there, but you have to get there early.
We found these blinds, but didn't notice the length. who would want a 45"x 46" blind? Any way, it keeps the intense sun out for now. I'll worry about that tomorrow.




We bought the finished base board at Lowe's. You just put it on, no painting required.

 

This is the whole for the ceiling fan. We have it, it's still in the box. Hopefully it will go in soon.



I installed the shelves above the washer myself, well I did have a little help, OK,  a lot of help. But seriously those Rubbermaid shelf kits are so easy. I love my new laundry room.


It's so funny now that the dryer is right up against the wall, it takes about half the time to dry the clothes, and now that it isn't down in the dungeon, I actually take the clothes out of the dryer,,,,, the same day. And since it is right off the space that will eventually be my kitchen, it's so convenient. It's bright, and pretty and I just love going in there and looking at it.

Now I have some laundry to do.

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

I'm so jealous! I'm still working in my "laundry closet" upstairs. Well..LT is, anyway! It looks great so get crackin' on that laundry so you can pack those clothes and come for a visit!