Saturday, June 26, 2010

IT'S OVER!!!

                                                                                            

Sometimes I think I must have lost my mind. I am well over 50, and actually I am in the next decade from that (60s). I really always loved the 60s. I went to high school, loved the Beach Boys, and joined the Air Force. I fell in love, got married.....but I digress.
Here I am in my 60s and I have not figured out how to stop doing things like putting the Vacation Bible school together at our church. Now I had a LOT of help, but still all that planning and prodding, well it wears a body out. And at this stage of my life, I wear out pretty quickly.


Tiniest attender




Banner made by our own members

More Banners

Pastor Terry led the singing, "Under the Sea"


Registration table, thanks Kathy, couldn't have managed without you.



Star of the week, Sushi, the octopus.


The change offering buckets and scale.
 We decided to take a change offering and see who could bring in more money, the girls or the boys. This is done in some variety in many of the VBS programs I have seen and participated in. I agreed that the loser's leader would get a pie in the face. Well, everyone knows that girls participate more enthusiastically than boys. So I was not at all worried.

Our offering was designated to go to the Whitcher family. They are a couple with three young children, and their ministry is establishing Spanish ministries in this country to win souls for Christ.


Perhaps I should have worried a little

But I was prepared, shower cap ~ safety goggles ~ rain parka.
Then I went to hide in the kitchen.
But, they found me.

Glad I had the goggles, that pie was YUMMY!!!

Time to get the helpers.

But, I don't know how I ended up on the floor

I got Marcus

I got Pastor Aron


Marcus got a lot of pie on him. Ooops
The week was a hit with the kids, and although, we had only about 38 kids total, it was well worth it. We had one young lady ask Jesus Christ to be her savior, and that is why we do this, some times I just need a reminder.                                                          
                                                                         Jesus Loves the little children
                                                           

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

You big chicken, with your plastic all over. Next time I want to see you "go commando"...well, without the plastic, anyway.

Sounds like you had a good week. Very cute pic at the end.

You've been busy; put your feet up and rest a while. Pretend you are having a conversation with me. See how I can always make everything come back around to me?? It's a gift.