Thursday, July 1, 2010

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning

It has cooled off here, quite nicely. It was in the mid 60s when we got up this morning. We opened the doors, turned off the a/c and brewed some coffee. Then we headed out to the deck for a nice relaxing breakfast on the back porch. It was so lovely. I had to take some pictures.

This is the pretty gazing ball that I have had for a while, I love it. It reminds me of my gramma, she always had one in her garden.

The little boy and girl are reading. They are from my daughter. I really love these little figures.

Next is one of my pretty rose bushes. I love roses, and even though this is only a shrub rose. I think I have come to like this species best.


These are the Day Lilies that grow along the back fence. I love Day Lilies.





And this is one of my Peony bushes. I have several and they bloom so beautifully. Of course you can see that they are finished blooming, but their foliage is still very pretty. I have to divide them this year, they have gotten so huge.

This is the view of the backyard from our back porch. My hummingbird feeder in the foreground. There was a hummer on the feeder, until I banged the door and scared it away. Oh well, maybe I'll get his picture next time.

It's such a pretty day, I am going to do some much needed yard work. I'll feed the roses, lay out the soaker hose, and plant a couple of Humming bird bushes.

This evening we'll go to the church for our weekly "Family Fun night" We cook hot dogs, and some play games. We are old enough now that we can just sit in a lawn chair and talk with the other old people.

1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Sounds like the only thing you are missing is ...ME! If I didn't have to work I'd jump on a plane and be there this afternoon. Lucky for you I haven't gotten fired yet! Very calming post...I can just see you sitting in a cool breeze and sipping your coffee. Love 'ya!