Monday, July 12, 2010

It's Camp time

Well yesterday after the morning worship service, my precious hubby and the youth pastor took 4 Jr High boys off to Iowa for a week of camp. I was supposed to go too, but in the last couple of weeks our girls all bailed, so no need for a woman counselor.  ....except............
One of the moms, who is very sensitive about the leaving of her children, told me a precious little story last night.
As they were getting little H ready for camp, he queried, " Is miss Donna still going?" When she told him I was not going, he got a little hesitant. I guess they had to coax him really hard to go on the van, but he went. They stopped at a motel for the night, camp doesn't start until 10:30 today, and since it's a 5 1/2 hour drive, we thought it best to leave a day early rather than 5am today.
So pray that every one enjoys the week, learns some valuable spiritual lessons, does something they have never done before, and that they make some important decisions. I am praying my darling hubby has a good time, fun and relaxes, but I know that last part is a pipe dream.


Pastor A doesn't wear his tie wrapped around like that all the time. It was very windy, and actually the rain had just started to fall again when I took this picture. We had an incredible rain storm as church was ending, and then it rained again, just as they were leaving. 'Have fun boys'



1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Sweet that the little guy was hesitant to go without you!
We need to fix your feedjit to ignore your own URL if that's what you want. Otherwise you just keep seeing yourself coming and going!