Monday, July 12, 2010

A New Bird House



Last Thursday I went to get my hair cut. The salon is located in a little plaza down the street, and there is an Antique mall called 'Timeless Treasures'. I love to go in there and poke around with my friend Ann.
Well we haven't been in the shop this whole year because earlier, I think around January, they had a flood. It was kind of an explosion of water that shot up through the floor and just gushed all over the place. It was pretty devastating. ... some people lost a lot of their stuff and the shop has been closed all this time. But the re opened on July 1st. I am so happy. So since I had a little time to kill before my appointment, I went in to see how it looked.
It's all clean and shiny, with a new floor and new ceiling and all the walls have been repainted. It was so fresh. I have been looking for an old Sears or JC Penny catalogue. But I didn't find one this day. I did find a very cute bird house, and a beautiful piece of lace. Now the woman told me it was a very old bridal veil, but it is perfectly round, and being that I love old linens and lace, I bought it. It was not much money, and It will adorn a table in my living room, when my living room is once again a living room. But here it is for now
The new bird house is the one on the left end. It has a little door with a spoon for a handle. I just thought it was so cute.
I spread out the lace so you could see it has some very pretty edging.
So, if you have seen bridal veils that look like this, let me know. I would be very interested.


2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Very cute birdhouse, and I've never seen a bridal veil similar to yours. Of course, my bridal veil experience is quite limited! I never bought one...just re-worked my sister's for my own wedding. It was ten years old by that time!

I was going to call you tonight but got home at 9:30 so I didn't. And when is Miss Sharon going to start commenting again? The sister needs to get herself a Google identity. Sharon if you are reading this...good. Then your mom won't have to nag you!

xxoo

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Almost forgot...L O V E L Y signature!