Monday, July 26, 2010

At Last

I can hear the music,,,,,,,,,, At last,,,,, my love has come along, my lonely days are over..... But it's not about my love. It's about my living room. Yes. I have my living room back, and I am beyond thrilled. Now I have not rearranged the furniture yet, but, I am still very happy that there are no kitchen appliances anywhere. No shelving unit (etagere for the ladies) holding pantry items, and most of all NO REFRIGERATOR. Now if you have never had a 'fridge in the living room, it can be handy. I'm not gonna lie, but seriously, it cramps my style.
                              The Kitchen Floor is done.

Well, almost, can you believe it, we were short three tiles. And there were no stores near us that have any. So we are waiting for the new shipment to arrive so we can buy one box. That will give us some replacement pieces in case of, well, you know, stuff happens.
Isn't it pretty, though? I love the slate gray color, and with the black appliances it is really pretty.

             And they are where they are supposed to be.

The table is in the dining room. (ooh see the new air conditioner)

Refrigerator and food are out of the living room as only makes sense.

The microwave and coffee are resting comfortably in the kitchen.
We still have a lot of work to do, the ceiling needs to be repaired and painted. The collars, which I have, have to go on the canned lights. We need to paint the walls. I am putting a country red in the kitchen, the wall at the end of the kitchen has been textured, just a little. I think it will look good painted red. Of course we need cabinets, and I need to get my antique jelly cupboard brought over from our daughter's basement. I expect to 'pickle' it. Just a touch of white so it will match those elusive cabinets. I have chosen white bead board. I know it will look great with the black and red.

The dining area is going to be painted in (Sherwin Williams) Koi Pond. I think it will blend well with the red and be very relaxing.

                                                                                     

Well, that's all for now. I hope this was worth the wait. ..................

And in my heart there's a song
                                           


5 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Yippeeeeee! Looks great and I know it feels better knowing the work you have left isn't going to make your ENTIRE life a mess! We did that in our little townhouse you visited...the whole thing was upside down everywhere at the same time. Too much; can't do! Your color choices are going to be great in your kitchen. Super!

Anonymous said...

YEAH! Looks nicer already.

Still haven't heard about the van, but we're okay.

Love, Sharon

Schrepfers said...

I love it! So glad things are finally coming along. I love the colors!

Bekah

Jami Ackerman said...

Things are looking great, Donna. Stay cool !!

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Haven't heard from you in a while...all OK?