Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another one bites the dust.

Welllllllllll, now today was a big day, big day at the old homestead. Probably enough here for two posts. But we shall see.

Our old pal AC finally gave it up. I mean we pulled the plug, set the sail, gave her the old send off. It wasn't easy to do, but you know. Sometimes you just have to face the music. I think that's all the cliches for now.
Last night was hot. I could not go to sleep, it was 79 in here when I went to bed and at 3:30, that's AM it was not much cooler. I had to get up at 6:30 AM, but that's another part of the story.
So after much thinking, praying, and just bashing our heads we decided that the only thing to do was pull the plug on the old antique.
This afternoon we did some further research on line, and decided that shopping around would only give us a headache and not save us any real money, so we went to Sears. We priced a couple of window A/C units, then we went to Lowe's and checked the prices on the same two units. We looked at a 10,000 BTU for the bedroom and a 12,000 BTU for the dining room. They were the same price at both stores, but with the military/ veteran discount they give us at Lowe's we saved about $60. Not bad.
We bought them, and brought them home and put them in. is this what they mean by wedded bliss?  They have lowered the temp in the house by 5 degrees so far. It doesn't sound like much, but going from 81 to 77 feels like a LOT. As I sit here I feel a bit of a chill, but I'm not complaining, well not yet.

So it's Thursday, time for Family Fun Night at our church.



We cook hot dogs, brats, and hamburgers.

Then we sit around and eat and chat, and watch the kids play games.

Kids playing Frisbee, volley ball, and other stuff.


Well, it was hot, but it was fun. I think this was the hottest night we've had and I think it was our largest turn out. Funny.



Have fun



1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

So glad you are cool again! If you can at least sleep in a cool room it's so much better.sounds
like you had fun with your friends in spite of the heat! I eas supposed to go to a concert in the park but begged off because of the heat. Ignor selling errors...trying to use my mobile and my fingers are too fat to do this!