Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Bird in the Hand


Well, alright, this is not a picture of the hummingbirds on my hand. I googled it. Yes, I did. I have been trying for several weeks to catch a picture of the hummers on my feeder. They won't even let me see them, I mean, I do see them but just for a second then the flutter away.
I was walking past the window the other day, and there was something on one of the feeders. I looked quickly, and well it wasn't a hummer. Here is the picture. ....



I just couldn't believe that a woodpecker would land on a hummingbird feeder, but I guess as hot as it's been he was thirsty.
I tried again today, but every time one got near enough to take a sip. It flittered away before I could get the camera up and focused. In fact I tried so many times that I ran down the batteries in the camera.
Well tomorrow is another day, and I am going to keep on trying until I can say. This is a picture of a hummingbird on the feeder on my porch.




1 comment:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Now this is what I was talkin' about! Very chatty, and quite interesting...and I want to know WHY you can get hummingbirds and I can't!

I think probably one of the hardest birds to catch in a pic would be hummingbirds. Keep at it, because you just never know when the right opportunity will be there.

Do woodpeckers take nectar from flowers? Hmmmm, looks like a G**gle thing to me!

Toodles...