Thursday, June 3, 2010

Remodeled

My dear friend, Deb, at http://whatsinmyattic.blogspot.com/, who used to be as useless at this computer stuff as I am, has figured out how to do these headers for the blog. Hers is just so nice, mine was sooo plain. I was jealous. Well she sent me this new one today, and I couldn't wait to post it on my page. I just love it. It's so fresh and new, like me really. what?

You know that we have been remodeling our kitchen, and garage. The back half of the garage has become our laundry room. I think it took less time to build our last house, but, oh well, the laundry room is finished. (more or less) ((actually a little less)). The appliances are installed and functioning, and frankly I don't care so much about the rest. This week any how.
I have been doing laundry out there, adjacent to the non existent kitchen, for about two weeks. After a couple of minor malfunctions, we have the bugs worked out and it is so great.

We still need bits of trim on the window and the sliding pocket door, and the moulding floor and ceiling. We also have to paint the doors. Then install the counter for my sewing machine, cabinets and tada, done. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's just little things, and they don't interfere with the main function. .. laundry. Now I have to go and clean up the mess that is left in the basement. I am so happy to have a bright sunny yellow room to do the thing most of us hate. I wake up in the morning wanting to wash clothes. Crazy I know.

Our dog Max, always knows when I pick up the hamper in the bedroom, or even grab an arm load of stuff from the floor that I am going to go downstairs to do the laundry. He loves to run down ahead of me and spin in the large open space. He just can't seem to get it that we are not going down there any more. I think he's a little disappointed.

If I ever get this stuff figured out, I'll add some photos of the work, and the results.

2 comments:

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

There are some issues; I'll fix and resend when I can.

Sandi said...

Donna...in respect to your last comment...i really don't have any "great" knowledge to share...i was just being silly...but what i did learn..was there are 2 different places for "add a gadget" on the layout menu..i had copied and pasted the blog design into the wrong one...so that was good to learn...it answered a lot of questions for me...BUT...i have so so much more to learn...